Profile Picture

Oil Dipstick

Posted By BamaBob 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I have a NOS dipstick with a tag on it that reads B5S-6750-B which means it is one for a 1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird. It has the number ECD-6750-B stamped in the side of the dipstick itself. I can't find what this number means. Can anyone help me with that? Also, why is the dipstick unique to the T-Bird engine? Is the oil pan different from a 1957 sedan 312 engine? I guess what I really need to know is, will this T-Bird dipstick give an accurate oil level reading in a 1957 sedan 312 c.i. engine? Or, are the dipstick tubes themselves of a different diameter with the stick not even being able to go in the sedan tube? So many questions to show my ignorance, but that is why I appreciate the people on this forum who provide answers without passing judgment. Many thanks!
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 43 minutes ago
The T-bird has a rear sump and everything related to the dipstick indication is different.  You can try it in your sedan.  You may need to trim it or make your own marks for the oil level.

ECD 6750-B is the engineering number.  A Ford parts manual may tell you if that number is actually part number B5S-6750-B.

Lawrenceville, GA
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
The TBird dispstick is longer than the sedan dipstick because of the different locations and the tube on the Tbird being  longer between a sedan and a Tbird.  Therefore, the markings are different

I tried to find a sedan dipstick for a long time.  I eventually ended up getting a Tbird dipstick (reproduced), marked it with notches to the sedan markings and cut it off to the same length as a sedan dipstick

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter