Profile Picture

1960 Transmission fit

Posted By jumpstart 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Good Morning to All; My question of the day, Will a Ford transmission , Four Speed from a 1960  pick up from a 223 C.I.  Fit to a 292 V8  in a 1960 Pickup I have never done this change before, I am in the process of buying a 1960 Pick up with a Six Cyl. Four speed Trans, I would like to change it over to a V-8 292, with out buying another Trans. My E-mail is fairlanebob@charter.net
pintoplumber
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I think if you got the V-8 4 spd bellhousing it would fit. The 6 and V-8 bellhousings are different and the 3 spd and 4 spd bellhousings are different.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
jumpstart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Another  Question about Trans fit; This has to do with the Input Shaft. Is the shaft different length Between 6 cyl. and 8 Cyl . With GM products all will fit. Clutch disks are different. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter