Profile Picture

Wanted E Code set up

Posted By 57VB 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi All
Just purchased a 57 D Code Tbird

Would love to set up a complete dual carb set including teapot carby and filter, linkages, lines, belcrank housing linkage etc as per the E Code

The car is due to be shipped out of Seattle in a fortnight to Australia so any leads would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Vic
NoShortcuts
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the site, Vic

I have a friend that can supply a complete E code set-up for a standard transmission or automatic transmission '57 'Bird.  The difference in what you need comes down to which bell crank is used on the firewall for the E set-up, and IF you have an automatic transmission, the need for an additional different bell crank on the rear of the intake manifold and a different kick-down rod to connect with the transmission.  Yes, too, different throttle linkage rods are needed for connecting between the firewall bell crank and the center bell crank on the intake manifold depending on whether your D code has an automatic or standard transmission.

A complete E code set-up includes a different valley pan, intake manifold, carburetors, carburetor to intake manifold alum. ('Bird only) spacers, throttle linkage pieces, fuel lines, fuel filter canister, a distributor vacuum advance line, and an air cleaner assembly.  A complete E set-up calls for a different ignition distributor that has a different stamping number on the housing.  The truth be told, a D code distributor can easily be modified to provide the E code centrifugal and vacuum advance curves by changing one centrifugal advance spring and changing shims in the distributor vacuum advance chamber.

What is the best way to connect with you and what is the time difference.  The last time my friend worked through a transaction like this it was with Tony Buttriss just outside Melbourne in 2013.  I just had email communication with Tony earlier this week...

Email me at cncbrown2@gmail.com if you want to pursue this.  Here in New York we have a 3 hour difference with California.  My difference with Tony was 14 hours as I recall.

Hope this helps.   Smile 

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York

Reading This Topic

Site Meter