Profile Picture

1st drive with new hip today.

Posted By pintoplumber 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 6:16:27 AM
I drove the truck to church today, my first using my clutch leg. I can rest my leg on the clutch pedal without depressing it. No pain in the hip joint, knee still doesn't bend much. I asked the Dr if he can take a picture of the femur when he cuts it out. It's really rough looking, not a smooth round ball. I can post a picture if you want to see lt.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
stuey
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Hi there
Hope every thing is healing good. I would like to see the picture of the ball joint . I'm coming up on 69 and have been putting off hip replacement for 3 years (gas pedal side). I just can't bear the thought of all that cutting, sawing and hammering scares the hell out of me.
I have a 56 f100 same colour but not such good condition, it came from Klamath Falls Oregon.
stuey
UK

pintoplumber
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Stuey, I'm 63. Glad I had it done. After the operation you have hurt and muscle pain from being cut open, but the joint pain is gone. I went home the next day after the operation. Dennis

You can see a lot of bone spurs growing out of the ball end. These wear away the cartilage. The tools on the right are drill bits to clean up the hip socket. The tools on the left are rasps to make room for the implant in the femur. What you're looking at should be smooth.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3047f5ac-add1-4e79-a3ed-14ea.jpg  Dennis in Lititz PA
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Great to know your getting around better. Any replacement is scary so I know your glad to have that over-with. My wife had her first knee a year ago in March. She is on schedule for the other one now. She put the first one off for years and says she is sorry she did. First one was a breeze for her and I hop the second is too.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Daniel Jessup
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Dennis,

Glad to hear you are on the mend...we will add you to the prayer list.

What is the prognosis for therapy?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Hip, darn it new hip. Another Chuck up and I really did read your post first? Oh well.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Rono
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have had both hips and both knees replaced. The hips are a piece of cake compared to the knee. LOTS of work-pain-physical therapy with a total knee replacement to get your range of motion back. I had complications with the 1st knee and put off the other knee for 6 years.

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

pintoplumber
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Chuck, my biggest fear was getting an infection, I've heard some horror stories. They discovered I had an infection by doing a nasal swab. I had to use their special cream for my nose and soap for a week before the operation.

Dan, I'm back to work. I've pulled 2 pumps (with the pump pulling machine) and helped my brother on a water heater job. I haven't pulled any water heaters up out of a basement by myself yet. I try to pick mostly easier jobs.

Rono, I'm glad it's done.

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Dennis,
You are definitely old enough to let the youngsters do the heavy lifting. Hardest part is stepping back when you used to doing a job yourself. My wife's delayed second knee is for a small outbreak of Shingles. They want it completely gone before they cut because of fear of infection. I can understand that. The worst part is we just had the arrival of our first Great Grandson and can't go to see him. That's hard on her.

Y's guys rule!

Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
There's a fungus among us!
https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/candidiasis/candida-auris-qanda.html

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter