Profile Picture

1956 Ford 11 inch Brake Drums Again

Posted By Danny 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I ordered 2 front and 2 rear brake drums from Concours parts for my 1956 Ford Fairlane/Crown Victoria. Was charged $50 shipping plus the cost of the 4 drums for a total of $500. Got a confirmation through email. Called to inquire about when the drums would ship and was told that an error was made and that shipping would be $50 per drum. I voiced my displeasure and cancelled the order. 
Summit sells a Bendix PDR0124 brake drum that is 11 x 2.50 and has the 5-4.50 Ford bolt hole pattern. The are for the mid-sixty fords. Does anyone know if these will fit my 1956 Ford and by the way they are $30 each. Can they be used on the front and the rear? My brake pads are 11 x 2.25 front and 11 x 1.75 rear. Thanks
Dave V
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Not sure if they'll work but I do have 2 full sets of used ones if you're interested.  Dave

SE Wis
57RancheroJim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I would suggest you look for a local brake supplier in your area. Thats where I go for all my brake needs, this is where all the local repair shops get their parts too..
Half-dude
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm never buying brake parts from Concours again. I bought their brake overhaul kit and I'm pretty sure for one they sent me the wrong sized shoes as I had to get my drums resurfaced and even then they barely fit over the shoes even with the adjuster backed all the way off. But that's not the worst of it.

They sent me a kit with brake shoe hold downs that were too long and extended out against the inside of the drum. Sure a trained tech would have seen they were too long but I didn't know any better they were the first drum brakes I ever worked on! Well skip ahead a few months, I was going down the highway and came to a four way intersection, put my foot on the brakes and the car wouldn't stop!! Luckily the guy in the turning lane turning in front of us saw and stopped and luckily I was quick enough to think to pull the parking brake and that got us stopped basically in the middle of the intersection! Got home driving very carefully and it turns out the show hold downs had scrapped against the inside of the drum far enough that they basically popped off and left the shoes detached from the base!

So yeah, screw you Concours, at least when it comes to mechanical parts.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter