Profile Picture

55 Ford Fairlane front bench seat? replacement or repair?

Posted By mgcookwv 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

55 Ford Fairlane front bench seat? replacement or repair?

Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
On my 55 I'm considering replacing the front seat with bucket seats or a bench seat.
Has anyone ever done this?, my front seat is broke and is uncomfortable. 
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Is the reason the seat's uncomfortable that it's broken? Most good shops can do the required rebuilding on the frame and springs, and then its replacement foam and a new cover and it's like new. Or, you can strip it to the frame yourself, and the local welding shop can help out. I've been down that road on several seats. You need to find a custom upholstery guy, not the one who just does repair work for the dealership and used car guys.

Otherwise it's a tape measure and off to the wrecking yard. There's a lot of street rod seats available also. One of several

http://www.glideengineering.com

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
lowrider
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm going through this right now on my 61. Car had Tbird bucket seats in it when I got it and were uncomfortable as hell. Might have been ok if the buckets were in good shape but most of the padding was falling apart. Picked up front and rear seats for a 61 and repaired what was rusted or bent. Bought new upholstery along with new padding and along with a buddy who has experience in doing upholstery went to work. All we have left to do is the front seat backs. Looking good.

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is a company that has all sorts of replacement parts for car seat such as such as new springs but I can't remember the name  - Yah I know. what good does that that do - sorry.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

mgcookwv
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks to all the guys for your input.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter