Profile Picture

Headlight adjustment

Posted By DryLakesRacer 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
After my reinstalling of everything I removed for a strip and repaint I found I cannot adjust my right side headlight high enough. I found the nylon captured nut broken so the adjusting screw just turned free. I checked all the adjuster kits I could find all they were all too big to fit where it needs to be. My head lamp buckets also has 2 springs both down and to the left side of the bucket. Are 2 too much? I could make it one spring splitting the difference. I put a spring nut in its place but I know it's not right. Any ideas will help, thanks.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
carl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
DryLakesRacer (4/14/2017)
After my reinstalling of everything I removed for a strip and repaint I found I cannot adjust my right side headlight high enough. I found the nylon captured nut broken so the adjusting screw just turned free. I checked all the adjuster kits I could find all they were all too big to fit where it needs to be. My head lamp buckets also has 2 springs both down and to the left side of the bucket. Are 2 too much? I could make it one spring splitting the difference. I put a spring nut in its place but I know it's not right. Any ideas will help, thanks.
So you need a nylon nut to solve your problem,i have a couple rusty buckets that might have one I will check them next week and see if they still have them  Carl

DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter