Profile Picture

55 sedan interior paint colors

Posted By tjaybo52 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi all, new to forum,
I have a 55 club sedan that I am restoring, the car is salmon and cream white two tone. I would like to know what the color code is for the interior trim above/top part of the dash I believe the rear window surrounds and the A-pillar covers are the same color. It appears to be a darker pink metallic but cant tell for sure. thanks in advance  Jim
Lou
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
What are the paint codes on the data plate?
DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As I remember 55's were weird. Our 55 mountain green convertable had 2 different metallic greens on the dash and one stayed on the interior lower window frames but mountain green was a non metallic color. One thing you can try is once you have the data code colors for the exterior is to google it and hopefully some inter photos will come up. Good luck...

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 58 minutes ago
On your data plate you should have a letter(s) code under "Trim"  What are they?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

tjaybo52
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)Normally aspirated (32 reputation)

the color codes are K E
the trim code is J
56_Fairlane
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
http://www.thecvaonline.com/howtos/DataPlateDecoder.pdf

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
tjaybo52
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

DJ, thanks for that code chart, I have seen it before, as far as I can tell it doesnt speak to the "3rd" color that the Interior has. All the steel trim pieces around the windows and top part of the dash are painted with what appears to be a darker metallic rose color. It is hard to tell as this car has been sitting outside for over 30 years. it has all the original paint and upholstery. I was hoping someone with  this same color scheme or familiar with it would chime in.   Cheers Jim  
Lou
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The sun and time  has faded the color, it was not painted a "Rose" color from the factory
56_Fairlane
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Jim. I'm a little confused. You mention that your car is all original salmon and cream white two tone but according to the codes it should be "Buckskin brown and Snow Shoe white" with copper colored upholstery. You may want to check the trim that wasn't exposed to fading such as the back side of the trim.
I have to check if my trim books cover the 1955 models to see if there's more info shown.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
56_Fairlane
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

OK. I can see how your car might appear to be salmon based on this 55 CV. Now I have to find some interior shots with your colors.
Here's a link to the same car with your interior colors but with slightly different materials.. http://www.oldforgemotorcars.com/vehicles/365/1955-ford-crown-victoria-fairlane
Image result for Buckskin brown and Snowshoe white

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter