Profile Picture

Starting up Yblock After 6 Months

Posted By Half-dude 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Praise Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys, just thought I'd share.
I had my buddy Eric come visit me from Washington State, and seeing as it was already getting warmer here in Kansas City I decided to wake my 55, Mitzi, out of her 6 month winter hibernation.

Had him record the start-up, I thought I'd share it with you guys. Smile

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Took my 56 out of the trailer today. Had to put a charger on the battery for 30 min or so. Once it was charged up she started on the first turn! It made a great sound! Now for the engine swap

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Half-dude
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)

Damn that's one souped up Yblock!
Meandean
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)

Pour a tiny bit of gas down the carb or spray some starter fluid in there before you crank it.  And it will start quicker.  You almost ran the battery down pumping gas back into the carb.  It evaporates out after a while.  Maybe a week or two.  Definitely over the winter.

JMHO.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

MoonShadow (4/11/2017)
Took my 56 out of the trailer today. Had to put a charger on the battery for 30 min or so. Once it was charged up she started on the first turn! It made a great sound! Now for the engine swap

That is just flat out awesome! I'm sorry but those pictures deserved a repost!!!! BigGrin Good going Chuck!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Half-dude (4/10/2017)
I had my buddy Eric come visit me from Washington State, and seeing as it was already getting warmer here in Kansas City I decided to wake my 55, Mitzi, out of her 6 month winter hibernation.

Half-dude, all stock and she started rivet up!! I love it! Sounds must like my "Diana". Chuck, from one blower to another, awesome pics! Can't wait till you post YOUR first start up video!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Half-dude
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rowen (4/13/2017)
Half-dude, all stock and she started rivet up!! I love it! Sounds must like my "Diana". Chuck, from one blower to another, awesome pics! Can't wait till you post YOUR first start up video!

Yep! Completely stock, and original 6 volt. Power of a well-done carburetor rebuild I suppose.. I was even a bit pleasantly surprised how quick she started.
Half-dude
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Meandean (4/13/2017)
You almost ran the battery down pumping gas back into the carb.

Really? I don't think so. In fact watching the inline filter, I actually did a 'gas pumping' crank longer then I needed to. She was still cranking good and strong when she started.

Daniel Jessup
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Half-dude (4/10/2017)

class="goto">

I will have to say that with a 6 month hibernation period, what with today's fuel the way it breaks down, what batteries can do to you, and the teapot being prone to leak it's power valve emptying the fuel bowl that was not bad at all.

Your friend about made us sea sick at the beginning lol Smile he looked like he was having as much fun as you were.

Any plans for the car this summer?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Half-dude
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Daniel. Yeah I backed off my timing quite a bit yesterday it was way too advanced so I bet she'll start even faster now. The Holley was just rebuilt last year and I had put stable in the fuel before putting her in hybernation.

Assuming she keeps running well I hope to go to as many car shows this year as I can. : 3 You don't see many 55 Fords at car shows.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter