Profile Picture

Lunati Y block cam

Posted By Butch Lawson 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

I have a Lunati 292 cam ground for a y block.  I sent the cam to Delta Camshaft and had them send me the specs.  I have them attached.  Also have the lifters, bagged and tagged as to the lifter hole they came out of.  Very few miles on the lifters.  The picture of the cam and lifters would not attach.  Said my first attachment was too large to allow another attachment.  Would be happy to send pictures if anyone is interested.  Would like to trade for an Isky E4 or for a 270S Mummert cam, or would sell $200.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/df7b662a-53d3-401d-a7b1-bdc0.png

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

yalincoln
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I wonder why Delta cams used Hyd. for a valve lash?

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
Butch Lawson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)Supercharged (427 reputation)

I asked and they said it was their computer program.  I was told that the 292 grind was primarily an FE grind.

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hydraulic cams are typically checked at 0.006” lifter rise while solid lifter cams are checked at 0.020” lifter rise.  It’s nice having both sets of numbers.

Is this a new and/or unused camshaft?  You mention used on the lifters but nothing about the camshaft.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Butch Lawson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ted,
It was in a 292 that I bought.  The previous owner told me that he had a machine shop in Kentucky build the engine and the machine shop owner installed the cam.  He said the mechanic told him it was a cam that he had for years and that it was used in a y block that he drag raced several years ago.  The lifters were installed new at the time of rebuild and have very few miles.  The previous owner became discouraged with the engine.  He had installed three Holley 94's and could never get it to idle right.  I found the throttle plates not completely closing on the two end carbs.  It's more than I want or need for a street motor.

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

Butch Lawson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ted,
PM sent.

Butch Lawson

Manchester,  TN

Reading This Topic

Site Meter