Profile Picture

FLEX PLATE FOR FORDOMATIC

Posted By rontron 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
paul2748 (3/29/2017)
Probably the same as a standard shift flywheel.  Same size bolts were used but were shorter  I assume.

rontron (3/28/2017)
I found the flex plate on Macs automotive website..........I ordered it and now I need to know the torque setting for the 6 screw caps or bolts that hold it to the engine.........I have a shop manual but it doesn't list flex plate torque setting.......did they call the flex plate something different in 56 when the shop manual was printed?

I wouldn't mind knowing the torque on those bolts, seeing that I over torqued 2 of mine and snapped them!

If anyone has an idea?

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

rontron
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Moonshadow..    that is for a stick............we are talking Fordomatic .............flex plates are for auto transmissions.....

Ron Tron
oldcarmark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
The Torque for Fordomatic Flex Plate Bolts is 75-85 Foot-Pounds. If You go to the Engine Installation Information which is on Page 61 Chapter III in my 1956 Ford Shop Manual it is provided in the Text as part of the Instructions. Installation-Fordomatic. The Flexplate shown on Macs Antique Auto Parts Catalog is the Replacement which does away with the riveted "Ears" that would work loose on the Originals. One piece unit with Holes drilled for Torque Converter to bolt through. Part # 49-29785-1. $56.45.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
rontron
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)

thanks for the shop manual reference ..........I found it..........75 to 85 lbs...........

Ron Tron
rontron
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

what needs to be mentioned here ..........it the six bolts that hold the flex plate to the engine are not exactly spaced the same and the spacers and flex plate only go on a certain way which would be very frustrating to a person trying to install one without knowing that............Thanks to Don Hyde of Plano Tx for that ..........Fordcraft

Ron Tron

Reading This Topic

Site Meter