Profile Picture

FLEX PLATE FOR FORDOMATIC

Posted By rontron 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm changing out the old flex plate with rivets with the new type and the one I see on Macs that is supposed to do that looks square......I don't know how square fits in a round hole.

Ron Tron
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you can find one I would replace that one with a full circle style. The riveted ones are a source of problems. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
rontron
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)Turbocharged (70 reputation)

can you direct me to a new one that will fit?

Ron Tron
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Maybe Carl Lynn, on this site can help. There are several people on here with a few y-blocks laying around. Hopefully one of them can help. Also check EBAY etc. I'll do some searching from this end too. If you do find one please post.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

CASCO shows a flex plate for a Fordo, but it is marked for an air cooled.  Is there a difference?  I would start calling the Tbird part stores to see what they have.  If not available new for what you have, try Hill's in Ohio as they have a lot of used parts.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

rontron
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

I found the flex plate on Macs automotive website..........I ordered it and now I need to know the torque setting for the 6 screw caps or bolts that hold it to the engine.........I have a shop manual but it doesn't list flex plate torque setting.......did they call the flex plate something different in 56 when the shop manual was printed?

Ron Tron
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

This is on EBAY today:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/54-55-56-57-58-59-60-61-62-63-64-FORD-CAR-TRUCK-MERCURY-THUNDERBIRD-FLYWHEEL-/142328078514?hash=item21236a20b2:g:9~sAAOSw4A5Y2YGE&vxp=mtr

Y's guys rule!

57RancheroJim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thats a stick shift flywheel for a clutch????

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I guess I just saw the picture and jumped too quickly. Typical, sorry if it got your hopes up.

Y's guys rule!

paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Probably the same as a standard shift flywheel.  Same size bolts were used but were shorter  I assume.

rontron (3/28/2017)
I found the flex plate on Macs automotive website..........I ordered it and now I need to know the torque setting for the 6 screw caps or bolts that hold it to the engine.........I have a shop manual but it doesn't list flex plate torque setting.......did they call the flex plate something different in 56 when the shop manual was printed?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter