Profile Picture

My 59

Posted By willowbilly3 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Brought back from a long slumber, I found this on a remote ranch estate auction in Montana. Last licensed in 79 but not sure how long it had sat, long enough to be in the dirt up to the rims.Getting it running was the easy part. Finding a water pump the most of a challenge. I must have found a dozen places that list them but nobody could put their hands on one. I got the Ford number and called a place that sells NOS, paid nearly $200 and it shows up an A1 Cardone reman with the Ford number wrote on the end. Then it sat over the winter and I got back on it and got the brake hydraulics gone through, new clutch slave and master, got all the gauges and lights working, cleaned mouse poo and nests from every cavity, including a huge nest in the clutch and another in the heater.  Found a nice re-upolstered seat from a 58 dump truck, a set of decent used tires, went through the lockout hubs and wheel bearings. First drive revealed that it had no high range and further detective work seemed to indicate most parts other than bearings and seals are very hard to finds for the Dana 24 so I found a NP 205 from a 70s high boy and that's whaer I'm at now, getting ready to do that swap. I did drive it a few times in low range, it's screaming for mercy at 30 mph,lol. The 292 runs great, doesn't smoke at all but I haven't pulled the valve covers, fingers crossed the top end is oiling.
 I'll post more later.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Willowbilly/media/Cars%20and%20trucks%202016/DSCN1248.jpg.html][/URL

Reading This Topic

Site Meter