Profile Picture

Carburetor and linkages

Posted By rexbd 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Home stretch I hope on the project. For my 55 I have restored the original ford o matic and I have switched to a Mummert intake and need to pick a carburetor and solve the linkages and choke issues. I have a ford 4100 carb but it doesn't have a port for vacuum for the power brake booster. Worried that with a spacer I will be out of room for the hood also sorting out the accelerator linkages is a question.

I could go with a replacement 57 style carb and I believe an electric choke. But still have to sort out the linkage issue for tranny and carb. Any advice is appreciated.

paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Does the Mummert intake has a vacuum port at the back of the manifold?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

rexbd
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
yes, that is where I was going to hook up the vacuum source for the brakes. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter