Profile Picture

Horn ring assembly

Posted By DryLakesRacer 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
During the strip and repaint of my 56 Fairlane I disassembled the horn ring to have it replated. I know on how to push and turn it clockwise but apparently I have something in the assembly in the wrong order. I have tried the nylon step bushings both ways and I can't get it back on. It will collapse or press approximately 1/4-3/8" and I can see it go into the slots but I cannot get it to turn. It came off easy and all the parts are exactly the same. Does anyone have an assembly schematic. None of the books I have do not. Thanks.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Problem solved

aussiebill
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
DryLakesRacer (3/13/2017)
Problem solved

Answer to problem ?????????????????????

AussieBill            YYYY    Forever Y Block     YYYY

Down Under, Australia

DryLakesRacer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Aussie, since no one responded I figured it was not a major concern. . As for the answer I have none. I tried it again with the stepped bushings the way listed in a search on the site for a 55 and it worked it worked this time. This was the same way I put it together the first time I did it.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter