Profile Picture

2017 Engine Masters Vintage Rules

Posted By Vic Correnti 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
God luck to all and may the ford gods shine!
I too was born in 61 and am surrounded by scrub loving bow tie bumkins!

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
pegleg (9/23/2017)
Ted, Where'd the rocker arms come from?

Those rocker arms are Harland Sharp 1.76:1 ratio.  This particular set is not anodized to the orange color that HS rockers typically are and are simply the original aluminum finish.  While FE rockers come close to working, these HS rockers are specific for the M-E-L engines. The MEL rockers have a different angle to the adjusting screw versus those for the FE engines.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

My M-E-L EMC entry is not going to make it for the scheduled running on Monday morning.  It has had a serious lifter failure and there’s simply not enough time now to address that.  I’ll know more about the cause of that failure once the cam and lifters are pulled from the engine.  This all happened yesterday evening so the plan is to pull the engine completely down later today.  Depending upon the rules for the EMC competition next year, this engine may see life at that venue again.

Here’s a picture of it sitting on the dyno prior to being torn back down.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ff0236fe-f9ff-456f-9532-569d.jpg 

ian57tbird
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Sorry to here that Ted. It must be disappointing for you.

Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Jeez Ted, I'm VERY sorry to hear that! We need builders like you in there fighting for these disrespected engines of ours. Knock em dead next year!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Y block Billy
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Awe, sad to hear!

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

HenryFloored
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)Normally aspirated (43 reputation)

Oh darn it Ted that's tough luck. I'm sorry to hear this after all that hard work.

Thank you for your effort.
Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Just a quick update.  Disassembled the engine and pulled all sixteen lifters from the bottoms of the bores.  They are all plenty bad with a couple I checked getting very close to the pushrod being exposed to the camshaft lobes.  These are shell lifters so the pushrod runs in the bottom of the lifter to begin with.  The camshaft came through looking surprisingly good considering the amount of carnage on the bottoms of the lifters.  While the camshaft lobes exhibit some scoring and scuff marks, the lobes themselves are far from being wiped out.  I suspect the camshaft core is chilled iron rather than flame hardened which may explain the lack of lobe damage.  I’ll be taking the camshaft and the lifters to a local shop later today for some hardness testing of each.

MplsMike
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Looks like they are starting to post results. I don't think they are to the vintage category yet.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/first-four-competitors-2017-amsoil-engine-masters-challenge/

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 24 minutes ago
One of the hemi's was vintage, and produced an excellent score.

I thought they weren't allowed, but looking back at the rules, nothing excludes them.  I'm glad to see that.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter