Profile Picture

Glove box light

Posted By Kahuna 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Anyone know if a 55 or 56 Ford had a glove box light? Or, if it was an accessory item?
Thanks
Jim
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I was looking into one for my 55 and found one was available but anyone who has one for sale thinks they are made of gold,I seen a NOS kit on ebay for around 200 dollars and used ones for over 100 at a CVA show. I was not going to spend that much for a glove box light so I took one out of a 65 Lincoln and tied it into the courtesy light my sunliner has and I now have a light in the glove box for 5 dollars.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
56_Fairlane
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If you were building a show car and originality was important I could see why you could spend all that money. I've noticed a lot of 55/56 NOS stuff is stupid expensive.
If you're looking for functionality then Jeff's suggestion is perfect.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Adding the correct light requires drilling a hole in the dash which I did not want to do and drilling a hole in the cardboard glove box for the Lincoln light was much easier and no damage to the paint.

junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Speaking of NOS parts,about 20 years ago when I had a 53 Oldsmobile I ran into someone at a swapmeet that had NOS glove box lights,parking brake warning lights and other NOS parts for 2 dollars each and the kits were still in the box so my 53 got whatever the seller had and same with a friend who had a 55 and a 56. Should have bought them all but doubt I could get what the NOS Ford glove box lights are going for but could have made some money if i sat on them until now.

Kahuna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I found a kind of generic glove box light that I think I can make work & be presentable.
I got it from Mac's. Just need to find a good switch for the door & I'll be set.
I'm trying to add a few convenience features to the car & the glove box light seemed
like a good idea.
I'm also adding a couple of lights in the trunk area & maybe an under hood light also.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter