Profile Picture

Aunt Bee's sweet little Sunliner...

Posted By texasmark1 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)Supercharged (906 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
what a great start to my day... just saw a re-run of an Andy Griffith episode showing Aunt Bee's great black with red interior Sunliner... in color, no less!
those were the days, weren't they!!
Mark

"God Bless Texas"location: Houston,TX
montana ford man
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
if I remember right she bought it from goober for $200, I always drool when I see that car,you can see so many cool old fords on that show,
Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Just an 'old beater' back in '66 or so. Note Cal plate, curb feelers, miss-matched whitewalls and sagging passenger side door. I wonder what became of it.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/827e2acb-af1d-4bf7-93d5-6e5b.jpg

"FREE SAMPLE"
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I do not think that damage on the quarter panel that Andy done was ever fixed as I seen it in a later color episode and it was still there.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

200 was probably a good price for one in the 60s,dad was going to trade in the sunliner for a wagon back in 67 but they only offered 50 dollars and that is why I have it.

Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

I also have a soft spot for '55 Sunliners!
I was with my Dad when he drove a brand new one off the showroom floor. It was Sunset Coral (I think that's what they called it) with a black top. It had the 'second highest' horsepower engine....not sure what that would have been? It had a 3 spd overdrive trans. We had for three years. I loved that car.

"FREE SAMPLE"
Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Lord Gaga (1/31/2017)
I also have a soft spot for '55 Sunliners!
I was with my Dad when he drove a brand new one off the showroom floor. It was Sunset Coral (I think that's what they called it) with a black top. It had the 'second highest' horsepower engine....not sure what that would have been? It had a 3 spd overdrive trans. We had for three years. I loved that car.

That should have been the 182HP Special (272) in the normally ordered production Ford cars.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I bought a 57 convertible in 1962 for $500. Seems like about average price at the time.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/90399471-970a-4ff2-9b26-7024.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
junkyardjeff
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My sunliner had a sagging pass door but I adjusted it the other day since I had the door panel off to replace the window.

Lord Gaga
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Moonshadow, Is that a picture of the car you bought in 65? Nice! Still have it?
Dad traded the '55 on a '57 Retractable Hardtop.....it was novel for sure but not nearly as pretty as the '57 rag tops.

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter