Profile Picture

Big Y block 368 inch lifters, etc.

Posted By flatbill 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 48 minutes ago
flatbill (1/5/2017)
...the 2 brass plugs that close off the oil galleries at the front in the timing cover area.  The machine shop destroyed them taking them out and didn't same the pieces.  I think that these plugs have an oil hole in them to lubricate the timing chain.  Can anyone confirm these holes and/or the hole diameter?  Were both plugs drilled? 

The plugs are located in the front of the motor and are threaded 1/4 inch tapered pipe thread.  I have some brass plugs that will fit but wanted to find the size of the squirt holes. 
Does anyone know if the FE or 385 motors have the fuel pump eccentric sleeve on the front of the cam?  I think the holes send oil to the timing chain.

I know this is late but it may help someone else down the line..
Yes, the plugs (threaded fittings)are drilled. They are similar in appearance to carb jets.
The fuel pump eccentric is unique in that it is actually mounted over the cam snout. The pump is actuated by a driving rod similar to a MEL or SBC.

LYB roller lifters?

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Edited
6 minutes ago by       Ted    

THANX TED!

What am I doing wrong? I have made this mistake more than once... 

Ted
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Today @ 2:39:34 AM
KULTULZ (4/8/2018)
Edited
6 minutes ago by       Ted    

THANX TED!

What am I doing wrong? I have made this mistake more than once...

Don’t know why but your replies ends up being within the quote box.  Sort of makes it hard to read on my end.  I’m simply going into the post and closing up the gaps around the ‘quote’ markers.  You might try putting a hard return after the quote itself when replying and see if that helps.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Again THANX!

It may be my browser...

martyk98
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey Ted, just going through some old postings here ref 368 engines. I'm going to tackle one and still looking to put roller lifters/cam in mine just cuz I can. From what I've read the only difference between a stock 368 Lincoln and the M335 is carburation. Your thoughts?
Oldmics
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
M335 used the two Hollys as you have already ascertained. Used a tach drive dual point distributor. Heads were cut .060 to raise compression and had a pretty radical camshaft using solid lifters.

It was a blueprinted engine assembly.

Dont forget those unique looking valve covers. I have repro air filters for the M335 carbs if interested.

Oldmics
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/0e5fec88-0d29-473a-a9f9-5e20.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/78a6e6a4-4e85-4779-9ec9-49e0.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter