Profile Picture

bellhousing

Posted By airman 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)Supercharged (251 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm putting a t10 behind my 292 in a 1960 f100, I'm in need of casting numbers so I can find one, I have a the 3 speed 6 cylinder bell from the truck and a tbab 7505a, if one of those won't work I need to find one that will, thanks again for the help
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
You're not going  to find anything that will allow it to simply bolt up.

Only a Y-Block bellhousing will mount to a Y-Block, so the 6 cyl. bellhousing will not work.

There are only two options for a truck, a 3 speed or 4 speed bellhousing.  The 3 speed unit will have the same transmission bolt pattern as your 6cyl bellhousing.  The 4 speed uses a wider rectangular pattern.  This ebay listing shows that pattern, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Y-Block-bellhousing-3-and-4-speed-/192045908720?hash=item2cb6d402f0:g:k4IAAOSwux5YRZtm&vxp=mtr .  The listing identifies it as 3 and 4 speed.  That is incorrect. It is only for 4 speed.  Which ever of those patterns is closest to the T10 is the bellhousing you want to start with.

The other concern is input shaft length, it will probably be shorter than the stock transmission, which complicates the install.  You might be able to get around that using a car bellhousing but then you have to make mounts to support the engine since the ears will no longer be available.

Lawrenceville, GA
2721955meteor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
i used the 3spd truck housing,had 1/8 cut off the face to get full pilot bearing contact. trans is a 4speed with 4th od from a grenada. used 2original bolt holes, then drilled and taped 2 new bolt holes from the inside. will have to remove bell housing with trans for future service.also had to cut a bit  off trans  front bearing rtetainet to fit smaller hole in 3speed.  have yet to run my 48 mere pickup with 292 y in for power. 
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Greetings to all:  Airman - John Mummert's site lists all the Y block truck bell housings with casting numbers.  It may, in your case, be helpful to know which ones have the mounting tab for the slave cylinder.  Keep in mind the truck Y bell requires a 7" input shaft as measured from the machined mounting surface to the end of the shaft.  Hope this helps, JEFF..........................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500

Reading This Topic

Site Meter