Profile Picture

Motor oil expiration date??

Posted By Lord Gaga 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Recently bought a six pack of Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic oil. Printed on the carton was the following,
"JULY 2016-USE BY JULY 2020". I've never heard of such a thing! Can someone shed any light on the subject?
I've been buying oil when it's 'cheap' and hoarding it. I hope the additive package or whatever doesn't go bad over time.
What's the deal?

"FREE SAMPLE"
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Yes, just about anything you can think of has an expiration date.

Google "oil shelf life" "does oil expire" etc, and all sorts of info comes up, including faq topics from major manufacturers.

Even if the oil is not expired, it is a good idea to shake the bottle before pouring it to ensure that the additive package is mixed in and not settled on the bottom.

If yours expires by July of 2020, use it all by July of 2020.

Lawrenceville, GA
slumlord444
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
That's a new one on me. Possibly on synthetic oil only? Need to look at my oil supply.
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Synthetic tends to last longer, but still expires.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter