Profile Picture

GOV. OKs ETHANOL INCREASE! Take action here

Posted By Lord Gaga 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Bump

"FREE SAMPLE"
Attachments
OwRhSVfiCWVVuQN-800x450-noPad.jpg (197 views, 51.00 KB)
Lou
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
For those of you to lazy to do the research.  http://www.ogj.com/articles/2012/04/epa-raises-allowable-ethanol-limit-in-gasoline-to-15.html, make it a point to read the date of this plus paragraphs 3 and 4 .
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 minute ago
It would depend on what you call modern.  E85 is what, about 10 years old now, for cars, in the US but every car produced in that time is not designed to run on it.  Anything before that, which I would still call modern well into the early '90s, absolutely was not designed for it.  By that standard of modern, I'd say that even E15 seems impractical based on the claims of many without some cost effective way to upgrade vehicles that were never designed for it.

Lawrenceville, GA
LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Bob Gardner (12/11/2016)
Increasing ethonol above 15% will effect most of the modern cars.  My 2016 Toyota Tahoma says in the owners manual that "using ethonol enchanced fuels beyond E85 will cause damage".

You mean above 85 percent of ethanol?

Hyvinkää, FI
Bob Gardner
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

I actually got a response for my Senator.  Here is what he said...
Thank youfor contacting my office regarding renewable fuel standards. I appreciatehearing from you and am grateful for the opportunity to respond. I haveagreed to be a cosponsor of the Corn Ethanol Mandate Elimination Act of 2015,S.577, which was introduced by Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) on February 26, 2015,and has been referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works. Thisbill amends the Clean Air Act to revise the renewable fuel program byeliminating the annual renewable fuel standard that requires 36 billion gallonsof renewable fuel to be blended into transportation fuel by 2022. Thelegislation would not affect the separate requirements for renewable fuels thatare not corn starch ethanol, advanced biofuel, cellulosic biofuel, orbiomass-based diesel. As a major consumer of energy,America should be a leader in the development of new sources of energy and thedevelopment of renewable resources. I will continue to work with my colleaguesto develop national energy policy to implement innovative solutions to increaseelectric generation and transmission, reduce gas prices, lessen our dependenceon foreign oil, and strengthen our economy. Originally, the Renewable FuelStandard paved the way for the introduction of ethanol and alternative fuels invehicles. Congress should now let this industry stand on its own, free ofmandates and incentives. I will keep yourconcerns in mind should any bills related to renewable fuel standards comebefore me on the Senate floor. Thank you again for contacting me. Pleasevisit my webpage at http://isakson.senate.gov/for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter.Sincerely,
Johnny Isakson
United States Senator

Increasing ethonol above 15% will effect most of the modern cars.  My 2016 Toyota Tahoma says in the owners manual that "using ethonol enchanced fuels beyond E85 will cause damage".
LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Donald knows what stuff can handle more boost.Smile

Hyvinkää, FI
Lord Gaga
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Lou (12/10/2016)
Sight is a fake, I've seen it several times before, it was used build a mailing list, if you check you will find that the Oboma administration cut ethanol in gas, here in CT it has been  cut from 10% to 7%. 

NOT fake!
http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles/13966/eia-slightly-increases-2017-ethanol-production-forecast
And this is what the insane clown says he'll do:
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/266339-trump-calls-for-higher-ethanol-mandate

"FREE SAMPLE"
Lou
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 4 days ago
Sight is a fake, I've seen it several times before, it was used build a mailing list, if you check you will find that the Oboma administration cut ethanol in gas, here in CT it has been  cut from 10% to 7%. 
Bobwanna
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)Supercharged (309 reputation)

Worked for me. The ethanol thing does not matter except for pork barrel money - Bob

AKA   Bob-93021
Rowen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
It took mine. It didn't seem to like a abbreviations. I had to spell out everything. It wouldn't take "blvd." Had to spell it out.
Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca

Reading This Topic

Site Meter