Profile Picture

1957ford.com website

Posted By JPotter57 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Admins, if this is not acceptable, please remove and contact me. We at 57 Fords International are trying to raise the money to purchase John Gambill's ;" onclick="LinkshimAsyncLink.referrer_log(this, "http:\/\/1957ford.com\/", "\/si\/ajax\/l\/render_linkshim_log\/?u=http\u00253A\u00252F\u00252F1957ford.com\u00252F&h=-AQHA35qZAQEoPavKFdRqJYUDhFFExXlU5G6KecKNZqIiRA&render_verification=0&enc=AZNS91bCBtuvitWYkWmjaSe3IRHLiwxfb27RGGFI6tEIaW9R8AUkFyjw5uxx8fkYhR1iCFj_QDg7_8ROoc9mLnifpv40UtpjtZcQWgGVcEg7dBK0lyZxVpChJrEj1-9um6SBhpsEHDORKpNmADz2oVrE1KAPMtRTZ9RiO_WMHRxtrg&d"Wink;" style="color: rgb(54, 88, 153); cursor: pointer; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">1957ford.com website. As some of you know, John has decided to move on and let the website go. This site represents many, many hours of work and research, and thousands of dollars spent in maintaining it. We wish to preserve the vast wealth of information John has put together, not for profit, but for the free use as it has been in the past. John's site was immense and requires a lot of work to keep up. I can do that work, I just couldnt afford to buy it out of my pocket. Our club members have suggested a GoFundMe page, so I set it up. As of right now, we are over halfway there. I set a goal of 3200, and I will cover the remaining monies myself. If any of the Y guys value this information, as there are several 57 Ford guys here, I ask you to please go and donate what you feel the site to be worth if you feel it is worth saving as I do. I have made these 57 Ford sites my life pretty much. I had considered moving on to other things, but I just cant see myself doing anything else. Here is the link to the fundraiser if you wish to donate.
;" onclick="LinkshimAsyncLink.referrer_log(this, "https:\/\/www.gofundme.com\/purchase-of-1957fordcom-website", "\/si\/ajax\/l\/render_linkshim_log\/?u=https\u00253A\u00252F\u00252Fwww.gofundme.com\u00252Fpurchase-of-1957fordcom-website&h=rAQEKCHeeAQESWE6NBvfxiQM1kqItGk_MDQfOCpXYvEEM2A&render_verification=0&enc=AZOMYThTILtY-PIqVxoIe1R1L_soqQXlBwa-T1bdXOQCdYQRiZO4LC72kXQUXFBTeLPKcEK2cxNulorc3yVz6tAr1wciyXTo7eth-dMLLXbICeEj89jumnltPNo4VgB9iVpmpgtDQycG54L4jDQTxIrAN-O1iqfjUHy1-N7WZn3Jhw&d"Wink;" style="color: rgb(54, 88, 153); cursor: pointer; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">https://www.gofundme.com/purchase-of-1957fordcom-website

James Potter
`57 Fords International

`57 Custom Tudor

`57 Fords International National Director

Pass Christian, MS (near Gulfport/Biloxi)
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
James: I'm considering your idea & request for funding to takeover the 1957 Ford.com site. It's unfortunate that Mr Gambill needs to close it. I saw that information previously in a recent Y-Block magazine.  Much earlier, I found the site to be an interesting source of some information, for instance paint codes & so on. However, at one point we were doing a conversion to a 1958 recirculating ball steering box (we only used the box as the complete column setup was unfortunately not available) & the horn/turn signal  setup was completely revised starting in 1958.. On the site I was led to believe that by using certain recommended parts it would all come together. Unfortunately, it didn't, and getting any further help from the forum just didn't happen. Anyway, as it turns out, that situation seems to be about the norm for the site & I've moved largely away from it quite some time ago, because the forum just doesn't work!. What the reasons are I' m not sure. So, at this point I'm really pondering your request. 

Paul
JPotter57
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)Supercharged (176 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
We will be integrating John's site with our own, and eliminating the forum that was there.  Our forum has a lot of traffic with users having done about everything there is to do with a 57 Ford many times over.  John's forum wasnt very active, because he didnt push it.  He knew our site was there in that niche.  When we finish integrating the sites, the best of both will be there.  Our old outdated site will be replaced by the structure of John's site with newer updated visuals, and his forum will be replaced with our huge forum.  We hope that it will combine to make it THE site to go to for anything 57 Ford related.  Hopefully, I will have it up and running by the end of December.

James Potter
`57 Fords International

`57 Custom Tudor

`57 Fords International National Director

Pass Christian, MS (near Gulfport/Biloxi)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter