Profile Picture

Summit racing 500 cfm carb

Posted By ianmatt 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Anyone have any experience with this carb. Looks super ideal for a 292 mummert intake and headers and cam. Thoughts? thanks
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-m08500vs/overview/
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
The Summit carbs in general seem to be excellent.  Very hard to beat for the price.

Lawrenceville, GA
Small block
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
charliemccraney (11/5/2016)
The Summit carbs in general seem to be excellent.  Very hard to beat for the price.

the Summit  Carb is  basically the same as a old 4100 series Autolite 4 barrel,  With some  improvements
Every body I have  talked to that used  that used it  say it is  the best they have used!  Ford changed from it to the  4300
because   the  4300 was supposed to be  more adaptable to the  emissions  that they were using at the time!

charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

The Summit carb is an improved Holley 4010 / 4011, which had a removable top, rather than removable float bowls.  At a glance and to the uninformed, it does look like an Autolite.  Look closely, you will see lots of differences and is clearly not a copy of an Autolite.

Lawrenceville, GA
ianmatt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)Supercharged (254 reputation)

Awesome thanks for the feedback. I might have to order one.
hjh
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Ianmatt    I am running a Summit 750 Vac.secondary on my 337 ci.3800 lb. 60 Merc. at 12.40 to 12.70 @ 107+ MPH & I think it is great. Jets and adjustments are Holley & easy to do. Holley makes it for Summit. Any questions call me at  5one 3 86 eight 33 one one     Harry
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
As CharleyMcC states the Summit carbs are like the (discontinued?) Holley 4010 series. However, references to the Autolite 4100s come from the fact that they had the Annular discharge feature in their venturies as far back as 1957-58, a feature not found on other common American carburetors. Some have referred to that feature being as close as you could get to Fuel injection in a carb. I don't have any personal use experience with either of these carbs, but I do know that many early Mustangs used the Autolite carb. A few years back, John Mummert's shop built a 331 or 337cu in engine for a customer for street use with a C-4 transmission, that used a 600 cfm Summit. They said it performed as well as a bigger carb they tried on it, and were very impressed, with the exception of having a problem with the fuel line that was provided. As I recall, the engine used a Mummert spec cam for median street use & produced a very impressive 420 Lb. Ft. of torque & 393 H.P. at a moderate 5400 RPM...  Note however, the people that formerly operated Pony Carburetors in N.Y. state, said that a must with that style of carb is a good fuel filter..no new filter installed on their rebuilts.. there was no warranty!                      

Paul
ianmatt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ok guys its down to these two carbs. Which one do you think would be better. Keeo in mind I have headers Mummert intake abd isky cam. with the original heavy t98 manual trans. The quickfuel 450 cfm or the Summit racing 500 cfm? heres the links.
https://www.quickfueltechnology.com/carburetors/street/slayer-series/slayer-series-carburetor-450cfm-vs.html
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-m08500vs/overview/
ianmatt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thoughts on these two carbs you guys? Is one better than the other? They seem almost identical. i am pulling the trigger soon. Leaning towards the summit carb.
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The only way to know which is better is to get both and try them.  If that is out of the question, the err on having a carb a little bigger than you think you need, which is the Summit carb.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter