Profile Picture

312 Crankshaft

Posted By carl 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Need opinions on the value of a 312 crankshaft standard mains and rod journals  Carl
NoShortcuts
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Carl.  These are two recent listings from eBay. 

Current listing for a 312...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-FORD-HI-PO-312-CRANKSHAFT-CRANK-1956-THUNDERBIRD-SPECIAL-RACING-Y-BLOCK-/272414611317?fits=Make%3AFord&hash=item3f6d2d1775:g:60cAAOSw-CpX98ld&vxp=mtr

Recent listing...  NOTE - you may have to scroll down to see the listing;  Also, this is a H.D. Truck 292 forged steel crank, not a 312
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-55-56-57-58-59-60-61-62-63-64-292-Y-BLOCK-FORGED-STEEL-CRANKSHAFT-/162182129400?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=NCQjjF6LsCWiZUkxZxGLLOFOmaQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hope this helps.   Smile

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
Most of the crankshaft that show up on ebay do not sell. They are overpriced. I would think a standard main crankshaft that has not been checked would go for around $200. Getting it checked for cracks would be a good selling point and should raise the value some.

Durham Missouri
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
In general, I don't find those prices to be high.  The 312 and forged 292 crank are much less common than the more common cast 272/292 cranks and both have their niche.  However, I would not pay that much unless it has been checked for cracks and the seller can prove it and guarantee it.

For a good 312 crank that is std / std and has been checked properly for cracks, I think $400 is probably a good price.  You can always start high and bring the price down until someone bites.

Lawrenceville, GA
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Considering that it's a 60 year old crank that is still std/std & if it's been crack checked, I'd say it's well worth at least $400...

Paul
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Guess I'm a little behind the times on this one. I went back and checked completed listing on ebay and their going for $300-$400.

Durham Missouri
Rono
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Speaking of cranks, any news on the aftermarket Y Block cranks that are supposedly in the works?

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)Supercharged (9.8K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
That's in the "Aftermarket Cylinder Heads & Other New Parts" section.

I think it was just a tease to get a feel for demand and Scat weren't very serious about to begin with so it's not happening.  They're in the business of making cranks.  If they were going to do it, they would have done it and they didn't.

Kinda like Edelbrock and the new 573 not too long ago - it was actually in the catalog, but they didn't do it.

Lawrenceville, GA
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I think Edelbrock dropped the ball seriously on the 573. It may not have been a huge seller but they are definitely still in demand.

Durham Missouri
carl
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the reply's on the value of the 312 crankshaft,always good to get other opinions  Carl

Reading This Topic

Site Meter