Profile Picture

How many

Posted By Sanddoc 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Is there any idea of how many  cars\trucks that are still on the road with the Y BLOCK?
Best
Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
In my area, many of the remaining vintage and/or older vehicles have been relegated to being driven only on special occasions which makes it difficult in getting an accurate number of how many remain by simply looking for them on the highways.  Car shows and cruise-ins in my area still indicate a healthy number of Y-Blocks still out there though.  They just aren’t daily drivers anymore.  My own ’55 Customline is lucky to get 1500 miles a year put on it now.

One observation I can make is that there are still a large number of 1954 Fords and Mercurys out there with their original 239/256 engines but it’s been well over forty years since I saw a ’55 C h e v y with its original V8 under the hood.  Leaving the oil filter off of those 265 V8’s during their first year of production wasn’t such a great cost cutting measure after all.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter