Profile Picture

Nuts for Hood Hinges - 56 F-100

Posted By Tex56 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Does anyone know what type of nut goes on the hood hinges, on the end of the shoulder bolt that holds the hood to the hinge?  I can't find anyone that sells them and regular nuts tighten up and put the hood in a bind.  I had one "original" (I think anyway) and it was square with a little neck on it where it would pivot with the hood. 
Bob Gardner
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Try Mid Fifty.  http://www.midfifty.com/
stuey
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
HI there

I've got the hood (bonnet over here) off of my 56 at the moment and one of those nuts has broken free.  I think they are shouldered weld nuts .  They com with tiny projections on the corners and are fitted with some kind spot welder. I did a search on the  interweb  and they are available if you want to buy 100s.  I was thinking to drill 4 tiny holes to find the corners of the nut and tack with a tig welder. I you come up with a better idea please post.
Good luck
stuey
UK 
Tex56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)Normally aspirated (40 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
What I ended up doing, was buying some regular hex nuts and just had a buddy of mine machine the neck on to them.  They are not welded on, but worked pretty well.  I still have the same ol "56' hood issues", but it is definitely better than it was. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter