Profile Picture

A New Member

Posted By Kenskip1 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
First off I never imagined that I would find a place that has this any members all working on the same things. I have several questions to ask.
1 What makes this Y block so special?
2 Are better aftermarket parts like pistons, cams, lifters, rockers available from Ford dealers or other distributors?
3 How reliable is a freshly rebuilt say 292 with around 9.0 compression?
This is just the beginning of my questions.I have it in my head to locate a mid 70's Ford truck.Put in a  Y block and toe my small utility trailer with my 4 wheeler. Is a Y block to muck or should I go the 302 route? I am sick of engines with sensors on every part of the engine.I want a mechanical or electric fuel pump, a carburetor,. No idiot lights for me.I am going to have gauges that tell me everything I want to know.The only piece that I require modern is the distributor and charging system.
In closing, there is something about the sound of a running Y block that has sparked my imagination.How do they run on today's gasoline?
I am now 60 years of middle age and am permanently disabled with spinal injuries.I still get out and do the things I enjoy, like riding my Polaris, camping ext. Thanks for listening, Ken

Reading This Topic

Site Meter