Profile Picture

Is there a good forum for 59 fairlanes?

Posted By Shaggy 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Months Ago
Well said Rodger!

Durham Missouri
LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'd like to find a '59 Ford road race related forum, but I'm not finding any. :/

Hyvinkää, FI
Shaggy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
62bigwindow, The smart ass in me says there is atleast one 50's custom that ran air bags... I forget the name but it was a 57 eldorado brougham which would have had them from the factory. 

By no means did i intend this to be a bashing thread, I still direct people there, i just chose not to participate, i guess to sum it up, there are so many other forums that cater to all hot rods, i just wish they tried to actively promote the nut and bolt traditional hot rod stuff. I was really hoping there would be a restorer forum but i'll probably start cruising there if i get stumped again.

Btw I'm only 31, so i guess i'm the age you guys are talking about, but i did grow up on a heavy traditional diet with 1960's magazines and early on i got exposed to the old stuff. The problem in my opinion is young guys hear about how unreliable and slow old cars are and how new cars are better, but we forget that people drove these every day, and by the time our parents got them they were old worn out clunkers driven by kids who didnt know how to fix them. Meanwhile we arent actually exposed to this stuff in good maintained form so we figure it's true. I drive my '59 galaxy or my '65 el camino daily and other than needing some much needed replacement parts i dont have any problems.  Heck one of my good hot rod friends swears his roadster with stock '32 mechanicals stops better than his modern daily, it just needs some adjustment occasionally.
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Not to jump on the bashing bandwagon but one thing I've noticed on the HAMB is the use of air bags. I'm only 45 but I'm pretty sure the guys in the 50's didn't run them. My idea of traditional is bias ply tires,no fuel injection,and most definitely no billet add ons. With that said the social group is a great source for 59 info. There is a couple guys with 59's on there. The engines they chose suck but I'm a little bias on that. I think everything should have a y block in it. The only other engine I'd consider would be a flat head.

Durham Missouri
paul2748
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I joined the HAMB some time ago and used to faithfully read the posts but decided to narrow it to cars I own, hence I signed into the group I mentioned above.  Yes you do have to join the Jalopy Journal (the main body for the HAMB) but you can narrow your focus to the areas that you are interested in.  They have a lot of different areas (social groups), some car specific.  Like the 52-59 social group, they can be more relaxed as far as rules go.

Like the others mentioned, you don't have to join, but you can't ask questions or make any posts unless you do.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I also had a little pissing match with Ryan and came close to telling him where to shove that place,I think a bunch on there that preach that traditional stuff do not have the cars to back it up. I like the place because of the wealth of knowledge that is there and I do not have a traditional car but heading in that direction with my 55.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Don't sweat it. I understand your position on what traditional means. I believe the same things.

Durham Missouri
Shaggy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)Supercharged (316 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I kinda left the HAMB a couple years back after about 6,000 posts and 12 or 13 years. Ryan and i got into it via PM over our ideas of traditional after i kinda went off a little too much on some store-bought 'featured' cars of his. I kinda believe leaving a hood closed is no excuse, and other times when all a $100k car needs is an afternoon and $500 of obvious parts to make it look right, well i can't keep my mouth shut. Dont get me wrong i do like the place, and i do direct people there, it's just some bad feelings toward management and the directions it went. I guess to sum it up, i'm a little too much of a traditional nazi for there.  

Btw i dont want it to sound like i come to forums to start fights, i'm just kinda passionate that old cars need to be preserved with all the quirks and feel of the era. Clipping, frame swapping, modern engines, or other automotive abuse should be shunned. But then again i did help on a ridler car so i guess i've been kinda to blame in the past too
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

You will have to join the HAMB to get to the social forum. The social forum is extremely active so you will learn alot.

Durham Missouri
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
My mistake. When I saw the log in, I thought it was for the main forum. But it's the social group. Go for it.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter