Profile Picture

Going back to steel rims

Posted By junkyardjeff 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Everyone has aluminum now and kind of miss the bottle caps that came on the 55 so I have been working on a set of steel rims and got them in color,after getting the rims blasted I had to do some looking to find the hubcaps since I kind of forgotten where I put them over 10 years ago. I am using the originals on the front and have 7 ich wide from a late 80s cop car for the rear.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/239f1009-1955-4f60-9f6b-bd06.jpg

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
In my opinion it will look a lot better with the steelies. Never was a big fan of aluminum wheels on 50's cars.

Durham Missouri
junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

The aluminum wheels looked good for a few years and then it seemed to not look right and have been wanting to change for a couple years.

MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Been running steel for years. I just never liked the looks of the 56 with aluminum wheels.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/66481f66-3bf2-42c7-9195-4df0.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I am also tired of polishing them.

stlroken
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)Supercharged (200 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Don't know where I read it or heard it but I thought it was kind of a neet idea at the time....if you had a lot of time. On one side of the car run skirts and regular hub cap then on the other side run aluminum wheel or chrome reverse with no hub caps....different car  on each side....never tried it never liked switching things that much. Just a crazy idea I thought I'd pass along. Aluminum wheels or 20" wheels on '50s car are just plain wrong.
Jim

MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Not quite the same but sometimes when we were out way too late and playing around on the streets we would take the hubcaps off on one side of the car. Then, if the cops came after us the theory was that you could make a U-turn and the different look would keep them from catching you. Not that I ever tried it. Smile

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
Of course you didnt.Smile

Durham Missouri
LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Id like to to try 16 or 17 inch steelies under Fairlane some day.

Hyvinkää, FI
willowbilly3
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I could never find those cop car wheels with hubcap nubs. Big fan of steelys and dog dish caps, nothing looks better to me. I also like the black wheels with chrome acorn nuts, had that look on my 56 Sedan Deville I sold last spring.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter