Profile Picture

272 and 292 Parts

Posted By Mickcc 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi 
I`m new to this site used to deal with Y Block .com and that was 12 years ago

I have 2 1955-57 Y blocks a 272 and a 292 the 292 has been bored out to a 272.
 the 272 has no Fish Plates on the Rocker mounts is this normal as the 292 does
if not i need 8 off these
I have lost the distributor to Rotor clip on the 272 and need one of these to suit a CFDS 12127 Distributor and also need a Cap of it
and need of 4 piston conrods  lock nuts a spring steel nut, placed on after the main conrod nuts
and need of an rocker arm oil rail over flow pipe and mounting bracket
after checking the Timing gears the Cam balancing bracket and Gear Oil Bracket missing  
can anyone help out with  these parts as the will need to be sent to Victoria Australia 

regards Mick
can send Pics if required

Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
In the U.S., the valve train oil deflector plates (your fish plates?) were discontinued early in the 1956 model year.  If using positive valve stem seals, then those plates can be left off but I do prefer to use them where the umbrella valve stem seals are still being used.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Mickcc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Thanks Ted for your reply 
I have been able to get all the parts I required from a Guy in Queensland  and he had the Train Oil deflectors as well 
I also noticed that the earlier models also had an oil scoop metal plate above the crank gear the diverted the oil into the Crank gear and the timing chain 
but not all engines have them

Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The timing chain oil trough (mounts to the block behind the timing chain) was also discontinued about the same time as the valve train oil deflectors and fuel pump concentric counterweight.  Most ’55 engines had all these pieces but came early in the ’56 model year, these parts were deemed not necessary and were no longer being supplied with the engines.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Mickcc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks again Ted
being searching for these parts as the were on one engine and not the other
the even had the almost the same engine numbers CEBY 6015 B 2 and the other CEBY 6015 B 5 
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
If it maters, those blocks came out of Canada..

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter