Profile Picture

1957 ford tires

Posted By MVP56 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sweet wagon, I really like the looks of that car.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

MVP56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Bigwindow, I have aerostar springs on my 56 sunliner. Do u know it they will work on a 57? I don't do the internet thing much but do know that 57 springs are for sure different. I'm pretty sure 57 springs are taller and do not have the same OD as the 54, 55, and 56 Fords. I will prob just buy some and see what happens. It shud be fine. I don't like cutting original springs!
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Might start here. Probably a good site for guys with 57's.

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=3635.0

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I think they will work on up to 59. There is a couple guys on the HAMB that run them. One has a 57 and the other has a 59.

Durham Missouri
'60 Fairlane
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
A spacer can be used on top of the Aerostar springs to limit the amount of drop they provide. If I can ever find my old TWR spring catalog (lost some where in the basement) I'd be able to give a good guess if the Aerostar springs will work on my '60. Information is thin on their use in the '60-64 Fords, but there is a thread on the HAMB were one person reported excessive drop on the '63 & '64 big cars. Again a spacer used above the spring could possible correct this.
-Dave
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

I used 3/4" spacers on top of my Aerostars to negate the 1.5" drop from the Versailles spindles. I'm going to see how much the springs settle but the way it sits now I wish I'd left them out. Not quite as low as I want it.

Durham Missouri
MVP56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)

Picked up my springs yesterday and the tires showed up today!! My plan is to get the car done over the weekend. I live near Houston and we have had record rainfall and flooding over the last few days. It's a mess!!! I'm on call at work because of our situation here. My luck ill get called out as soon as I start working on the 57! Thanks for all the help and replies! I'll keep u guys updated! Thanks! Marlon.
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

You know we're going to need some pics. I can't wait to see it! Hope everyone gets through all the flooding ok.

Durham Missouri
MVP56
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Big Window I know this is an old post but i think i figured out how to post pics from my cell. give me a while and ill see if it works!
MVP56
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

content://media/external/file/27278

Reading This Topic

Site Meter