Profile Picture

Grain bin find "hopped up" 312

Posted By OlWeldinrig 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thought I better share,a little bit of horse trading and I ended up with this early 60's build 312 this weekend.std bore 312Ported and polished "G" headsdeep sump pan
Everything looks very unused,very tight timeing chain,clean bottom end other than mouse house causeing some discolouration on throws.Also mystery cam that's I have not pulled yet.
Finally feel like I have something of interest to share to group.
Dave
OlWeldinrig
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)

By the way that's 40 yr old grease in cylinders,very little surface rust.
Oldmics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
So whats the plan for this goodie?

Oldmics
OlWeldinrig
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Plan is to strip and clean it for now.I hopeing I can re-use most everything,although I was told it would only run on AV gas so that has me a bit worried.I have to pull it apart first and see what I have.I have been trying to purchace a real nice 57 tudor that would be a nice home for this.Or maybe my weldin truck...
OlWeldinrig
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

By the way its a Canadian 57 block "VV" 1058...
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Looks like hi comp pistons alright. Before you spend money on the block, clean it up well & check for cracks, especially in the mains area. Over tightening the main bolts on 312s led to disasters sometimes.. Good luck.   

Paul
OlWeldinrig
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Nothing visual yet for cracks,pulled all but rear one.I`ll post another pic but everything is washing up fine except for the rust in the valley.No ridge and hone marks right to top.Measures 3.875(324 cubes).Rod throws all look nice so far but some staining on mains.
OlWeldinrig
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Moon Eliminator FT•4
OlWeldinrig
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Better pic
Oldmics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I had never heard of "Moon" Cams so I did some diggin and found this information from a website called "The H.A.M.B.
Some real history here about Moon Cams

"Dean Moon partnered up with Chuck Potvin to mfr front drive blower systems, and Chuck brought along his cam grinding operation. After Chuck (and Dean) died, Chico carried on the 'Moon Cams' service..."

In case you dont know "Dean Moon" is the Moon Eyes guy. He is responsable for quite a few aluminun intakes that Merc and Ford used and much more!

Potvin Cams reputation speaks for itself.

I would venture a guess that the 36 - 68 is the timing event.

Oldmics

Reading This Topic

Site Meter