Profile Picture

Help 1959 Wagon

Posted By Cliff 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi, my son has a 1959 Wagon with a 292 and a t85 overdrive, the transmission just broke 1 gear, what transmission will interchange? it does not have to be overdrive.

Thanks Cliff
62bigwindow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Anything other than a t85 od will be considerably shorter requiring drive shafts mods. I have a t86 od that I might part with if your interested.

Durham Missouri
slumlord444
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Actually if it is actually a T85 an all syncro 3 speed out of a '63 and up big block full sized Ford should fit. Will probably need to switch the clutch disk. I have had both of these in my '57 T-Bird and the drive shaft length was fine. Think I had to use a different front yolk because the T85 had a larger out put shaft like the large input toploader 4 speed.
2721955meteor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 7 hours ago
why not repair,ther ar lots of trans parts on ebay.low and cluster should be the same,the big diference as memory serves  is the output shaft and back
miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I'd be inclined to repair the T-85. Otherwise, you'd better use something from behind a big block. Breaking a T-85 isn't that easy.

Don't want to get your son in trouble, his foot probably just slipped.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter