Profile Picture

oil leak on the back of the engine

Posted By chris70 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Ted,i'll check the tube out of the oil pan.
I got an oil pressure gauge from my mechanic,he told me to check the oil pressure before doing anything else.
What oil pressure should a fresh rebuilded engine have @ idle?
Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
chris70 (3/10/2016)
What oil pressure should a fresh rebuilt engine have @ idle?

20-25 psi oil pressure at a hot idle would be normal on a fresh engine.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

chris70
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Made the test with oil gauge and had between 2.5 and 3 bar which is about 40psi with engine cold at idle.  At this point i guess that the engine is healthy and bulb is gone!
Bought a mechanical oil pressure gauge to keep everything under control in the future.
Thanks everybody for your help.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter