Profile Picture

Bracket location for fender skirts

Posted By yblock57 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hey Guys -
I'm posting for a friend who bought a set of factory skirts for his '56 Sunliner. The car didn't come with brackets from the factory and he is trying to figure out how/where the new brackets mount to the car. No instructions came with the new brackets.

Anyone done this on their '55 or '56? Thanks!

Kent — Round Rock, TX
'56 F-100  | '56 Crown Vic  |  '57 Fairlaine 500  |  '57 Thunderbird

MVP56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)Supercharged (159 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Kent, thanks for posting that for me!!! I think I am finally figuring out the internet thing!!! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with my skirt mounting brackets! I wud really like to fit and mount the skirts before they are painted. My painter said to drop them off Wednesday. Paint prices are crazy these days!!! 136 bucks for a pint of Bermuda blue!!!
Dobie
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is probably what you need:

http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/1955-1956-ford-fender-skirt-mounting-brackets-5533.html
yblock57
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago

Dobie -
Thanks for the reply. He actually has the brackets but needs guidance on where they mount on the car.

Kent — Round Rock, TX
'56 F-100  | '56 Crown Vic  |  '57 Fairlaine 500  |  '57 Thunderbird

Dobie
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

This is all I could find on the web that even comes close to addressing the question:

"The skirt attached by a “hook” to the lower lip of the wheel well opening and a means to connect to a front and rear clip on the lower edge of the wheel well opening. The Factory style used pins (or pegs) to sit into front and rear clips whereas Aftermarket Skirts (usually Foxcraft) had clips that extended into slits in the skirt itself. Each skirt also had a weather strip or gasket that sat between the skirt and the wheel well."

miker
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I can't be of any help, except to suggest you try over on the Ford Barn. Lots of experience there, too.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I don't know if it will help but I have a 55CV with factory skirts. If you can wait till tomorrow morn I can take some pics of how mine mount. Hope I can help,..
Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Dobie
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Found this on YouTube. It shows mounting skirts on a '57 Scrub. The skirts are aftermarket but they all mount similarly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMlNDdeDrw
Rowen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dobie, I watched that video and I have to tell ya, mine mount nothing like that. Now mine are factory original so aftermarket skirts may be different.
Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Dobie
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Do your brackets look like this?

http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/1955-1956-ford-fender-skirt-mounting-brackets.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter