Profile Picture

Engine Masters magazine

Posted By Larry Short 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just picked up the new Engine Masters mag. WOW ! You guys sure did the Y-Blocks a great service. makes me proud to own one. I'm going to buy a few extra copy's so when I get ask again and again why I built a Y-Block , I'll just hand them the mag and smile.

Larry Short
charliemccraney
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
The spring issue?
April 2016 Hot Rod is a good one. too.

Lawrenceville, GA
Larry Short
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yes the spring issue . Great cover shot of Kaase's Y and inside of Royce and Ted's engines with great write up about them.
Larry Short
Joe-JDC
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
There is a discrepancy in the EMC magazine for 2016 Vintage class rules.  The official site states that the rpm range for Vintage is 3500-6500 rpms.  The magazine states a different figure.  Make sure any of you interested in competing check the official site instead of the magazine for your rules.  Joe-JDC

JDC
Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Just got my Spring 2016 copy of the Engine Masters magazine and briefly went through it.  The Y-Block is definitely at the front and center stage in that issue.  It has been a long time coming for that to happen.  Kudos to all that helped to make that happen; I'll put John Mummert at the head of that list for getting the aluminum heads in the market place and for making those heads the great performers that they are.  I’ll have to wait and see if future EM issues will go into more detail on those engines that did not place 1st or 2nd.

Early on there were some comments about making a rule where winning engines could not rerun in the next year’s competition but I don’t see anything specific about that in this year’s rules.  Maybe I’m just overlooking this?  I'm concerned that the Y would not be eligible for this years competition by the same competitors that used it last year.  If someone can point me to the page number in the rules that states something about this, I would appreciate it.  Before getting too heavily involved in putting a Y engine together for this year’s competition, I’ll get with the rules committee on that if there's nothing specific in the rules about this.

As Joe brings up, the official rules are the final word.  The caution here to continue to monitor the rules on a regular basis for rule changes or additions.  The rpm band has been increased to 3500-6500 rpms for 2016 and this allows the camshaft to not be so dyno competition specific and can be more easily repurposed afterwards.  In my case and based on financial constraints, I always have to be looking at how the engine can be repurposed after the competition with a minimum of work and/or expense.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

glrbird
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Maybe this one could go in your 57, if you finish it.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

Dave V
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Is the Engine Masters magazine available at magazine racks in stores or mini marts?  DaveV

SE Wis
speedpro56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Yes!

-Gary Burnette-

speedpro56
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

April issue of HOT ROD magazine with a picture of John Kaase's Yblock on the front cover!

-Gary Burnette-

RB
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You might have to check several spots to get an Engine Masters Magazine.. Book stores should have it. Also the Kmarts and Walmarts.. Mini marts might have it.. It is hit and miss. It is a quarterly so it should be around for a while.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter