Profile Picture

Finnish Y-block Drag Race season 2016

Posted By Hollow Head 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
charliemccraney (5/20/2016)
I watched my in truck video during the last pass I made, paying attention to the oil gauge.  The pressure drops a lot, not slightly, by the time I'm at the end of the track so that is something I will have to resolve before I race again.
I installed a gate, made out of piano hinge, on the baffle.  Maybe that is not allowing oil to flow as well back to the pickup.  Will get a pan gasket set and check things out.

Charlie. As long as the oil pan gate door swings to the back, you should be good in that regard.  How many quarts of oil do you carry within the pan including what’s in the filter?

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
LordMrFord (5/21/2016)
First of today on left...

That’s very impressive. Keep up the great work.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Another true performance Y-Block to be recond with. Great time. Stuffs getting better all the time!

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
http://kuvia.1g.fi/kuvat/2016/FHRA/Spring+Nats/Final+Day/MOP_7479.jpg

No results today.
Freeze plug popped during the mighty wheelie and water went under the left slick what caused wall hit.
Jyrki is fine and front wheel bended under the dragster.
Sad

Hyvinkää, FI
RB
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Yikes!!!  Glad to hear everyone is OK..  Hope that chassis is not too badly damaged.  I want to see you guys race more this year
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Glad everyone is in good health. Must have been a scary ride. The way that thing is launching now any little problem can become big! Do they make any special freeze plugs for big engines? Maybe some screw in plugs? Did a quick search on google and found that there are screw in freeze plugs for a lot of engines.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

We founded that head gasket went again. So that wasnt normal water pressure damage.
What caused that gasket failure second time in this weekend is mystery still.
Maybe boost control is not fast enough to hold pressure still in raging launches or something.

Hyvinkää, FI
MoonShadow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I saw the picture but thought it was the gasket you blew earlier. So that was the problem. Certainly blew it out. I know nothing about the sort of boost you are running but its still a super fast Y-Block.

Y's guys rule!

LordMrFord
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

MoonShadow (5/22/2016)
I saw the picture but thought it was the gasket you blew earlier. So that was the problem. Certainly blew it out. I know nothing about the sort of boost you are running but its still a super fast Y-Block.

Target pressure is 29 psi and total cut off pressure for fuel and spark is 36 psi.
We changed turbo screw/bleeding valve to electronic boost control in last winter, so there is lot of learning there.

Rapid pressure rise and harder learning curve vs. Simplicity and bleeding boost pressure.

Hyvinkää, FI
Hollow Head
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In case if someone is interested to see how things went... BigGrinBigGrin
https://youtu.be/_zI4Rz3-T8w

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter