Profile Picture

Newbie Question

Posted By felintuit 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I have a 1956 Lincoln Premiere and am going to take off the holly inferno. I know there are issues with the dual vacuum advance on that year and upgrading to an Edelbrock.  Where would I find distributors that would work with that year? I know people have said go with a 57 or newer, but I am having a hell of a time finding a unit that will fit my car and work with the carb. hahaha Or is there a work around like a kit to change where the vacuum comes from? etc... I love the style of the car but just want a little more update in some of the mechanical. Thanks in advance to those that have something to share
Oldmics
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

There are only 2 factory distributors that will fit the 368 Lincoln/Mercury engine that use both mechanical and centrifical advance.
Those are the 57 units. One has a tach drive and the other does not.
Both of those units are a one year only "trick pony".
And yes pretty difficult to find.
I suggest acquiring a 57 and later Ford distributor and changing the distributor/cam gear with your existing Lincoln unit.
This way you have the desired mechanical and vaccum advance systems to work in conjuction with the later carb.

If you do decide to sell that 56 Lincoln carb - I would be interested in it.

Oldmics

Daniel Jessup
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Stink, Old Mics beat me to it!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter