Profile Picture

239 headgaskets

Posted By 82warren 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi, ...  I have a pair of head gaskets, Ford number is:  C1AE-6051B.   Which Y-block will they fit ??...

Thanks much......
82warren
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
That part number is a steel shim head gasket and is expected to fit the 1955 and up Y’s.  That would which include the 272, 292, and 312 engines.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

82warren
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks Ted.   I'm going to give a 239 I have on hand a little overhaul, the one in my car was a high miler, it has served us well, trips to Montana, Kentucky, New York and a stop at the Henry Ford on the way home.  We plan to take it to a friends' place in Oklahoma next summer, I'm replacing both rear wheel bearings this winter, we had one fail in Ohio on the way to a wedding in PA, lucky we saw a car show going on, got help, a good used axle to put in, headed on up the Skyline Drive around Chicago and then on home to central Minnesota.
A guy gave me a good running 239 three years ago, it's now on my engine stand in the shop.  I'll put in new rings, grind the valves, check the bearings, a new timing chain, that will be it.  I do all my own work, body, paint, upholstery, I rebuild the radios also, we have the 8-tube in the car, all 6 volt, original, heater, everything as was new from Ford.  I'm an engineer but still believe Ford did a better job, it's tough to beat those guys.
I also don't believe in investing tons of money in these old cars and I have 6 of them, I like to keep all the numbers in the black, I hate red. 
Also... what's the usual to mill off the heads on the 239, enough so the valves don't hit ??   A little more 'go' would be good since the rear is a 3:54, overdrive also so it's geared quite high.  We get 20 mpg on the road easily, nice fast cruise.  I want the most power out of the smallest CID, the 239 is a good rig.
Thanks again Ted,
82warren in MN   (that's my age)http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2d6b934b-e89a-45d3-999c-2241.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6634b50d-6fa2-4e1a-941f-149b.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter