Looking for Supercharger and All Associated Parts for 57 Thunderbird

Posted By CMCResto 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Looking for Supercharger and All Associated Parts for 57 Thunderbird

Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello, I'm new to the site.  I'm looking to supercharge my 57 thunderbird so I'm looking for the associated period correct parts for the conversion...Supercharger, brackets, pulleys, bonnet, air cleaner, heads, etc. 
I've talked to a couple guys who make some of these parts but figured I would post this before purchasing anything to see if someone has the whole or most of the set up to sell.  So email me, call or post whatever you have to sell...small or large!
Thanks for the space...
Erich ejb@CMCResto.com
1.302.655.6271 days
Cliff
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi, are you looking for factory stuff or aftermarket? (vs or vr) I have both however this very expensive stuff.

Cliff 
CMCResto
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Cliff thanks for the reply.  Yes these parts aren't cheap.  I'm interested in what you have.  I sent you an email through the forum. Please contact me direct.  Thanks.
suede57ford
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
P.M. Sent

Pat Fleischman

CMCResto
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for reaching out Pat.  I sent you an email.
Oldmics
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

Here ya go and QUITE the bargin !!!!!  

Stupid rare and probably never to be seen again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272050045466?item=272050045466&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Oldmics

Rono
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Charlie;

What are the main differences between these 57 F code heads and the 471 heads?

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rono.  My understanding is that early 'F' code heads were not posted.  Later year '57 heads were.  JM's cylinder head listing shows 3 different '57 'F' code SC casting IDs.  (EDB-C, EDB-D, and EDB-E).  Apparently, EDB-C was actually hand stamped.

All 471 heads are posted.  My understanding is that 471 cylinder head valve sizes, intake and exhaust porting, and the combustion chamber shapes and volumes are identical to the 'F' code heads.

Other than casting ID numbers, I don't know if there are any other exterior casting identifier differences between the 'F' code heads and the 471s.  What I'm hinting at is that the 5752-113 heads I've seen have a casting parting line on the front and rear surface of the cylinder head that is in large share parallel with the deck and the valve cover... '57 and '58 series ECZ-Gs did not have this obvious casting parting line.  I don't have a set of 5750-471 to see IF the 113 casting line is found on the later produced 471s production heads, too.

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Oldmics
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

From what I have been able to gather,the "C" heads which were the hand stamped race heads and the production "D" heads were not posted units.
There was some kind of recall of the "D" heads. This is where the story of the posted "E" heads has given birth.

I have only seen the "D" heads and they are not posted units.

Has anyone had any experience on the "E" heads as to if they actually exist and are posted?

Oldmics
Oldmics
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272050969931?item=272050969931&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#ht_135wt_1024

More blower goodies from the same seller as the heads.  EEHHH  whats a few thousand dollars between friends anyways !

Oldmics      --    Member of the no money but brains club

Reading This Topic

Site Meter