Profile Picture

More Spam

Posted By 56_Fairlane 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
There's more spam on the forum. Could one of the moderators clean them up? They come up on when click on the latest tab.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
paul2748
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I don't think it's on the site.  I don't get it.  Better check your computer for mal ware.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

'60 Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I saw the some of the BS the other day. Is there a way to report such stuff other than starting a thread about the interlopers?
-Dave
56_Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

The report function doesn't work and since there had been a few up for a while I figured I needed to put up a thread. No sooner did I post the thread the spam posts were gone.
No, there's no malware on my computer. It's a Mac.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Please give the moderators some time to spot any Spam entries before posting about them.  If they sit there for 72 hours, then by all means say something.  Just keep in mind that it may take the moderators up to a day or so to actually spot Spam entries depending upon when they are logged into the site.  Ted.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

56_Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Sorry Ted but it seemed one was up for a couple of days then another three showed up after that so I felt someone needed to know.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
'60 Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)Supercharged (152 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Ted, I have no problem with you or any of the moderators. Thank you for all you do. I will say though that I was a bit disappointed thinking there was a new post in the Aftermarket Cylinder Head section and only found spam. Thanks for cleaning it up. Can't understand how anyone thinks this form of marketing is effective. -Dave
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
No apologies are needed here and I do appreciate the concern about the spam posts sitting in the forums for awhile before they are attended to.  Due to the YBF site not requiring new forum members to be screened before they can post, the site is pretty much open to this type of spamming.  If there’s any consolation to any of this, we can block the IP addresses of those who spam meaning the spammers pretty much have to get a brand new IP address before going forward with their activities here.  I do keep track of the various spammers and it’s very rare for a spamming attack to come from a similar location once the IP address has been blocked.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

56_Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I wish I could just delete the spam to save you the trouble of doing it yourself. I visit the site regularly and always hit the "latest" tab which is why I see the spam too easily.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
56_Fairlane
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

New spammer posting clothes.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter