Profile Picture

Day/Night mirror

Posted By Kahuna 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Anyone have a suggestion for a Day/Night mirror for a 56 Ford?
We need more activity on this forum. You guys napping?
Jim
miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Jim, some of us need a nap before we stay up late enough to drive at night. Assuming we drive at night at all.

But your question got me thinking about how nice the day/night would be. A quick look at the Larry's catalog shows D/n showing up in the 61 thunderbirds. Sometime after that, maybe the 70's, the safety standards changed and chrome mirrors seem to have gone away. My 67 Camaro has a d/n mirror, but it may have been an option. Repop's are available both ways.

I'm guessing your going to have to adapt something, assuming you want a stock look and chrome. For all I know, MEL cars might have had it earlier.

If you come up with something, please post it. Those pick up truck high beams in my mirror are half my night driving problem. I turn the mirror down.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I bought a day night mirror on EBAY that had the upper bracket and post for my 56 Ford. Seller said it was for a 1956. I've been looking for quite a while. From what I've read they were available on the 56 but seem to be a rare option. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. Chuck
Found this on EBAY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-1956-Ford-Day-Night-Mirror-FoMoCo-Crown-Victoria-56-Accessory-Original-OEM-/311108556803

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Kahuna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Miker
I have the same problem. I'm also trying to find something that'll work in my 32 with all that flat glass.
I also saw that mirror on Ebay, but I'm not going to get something at that price, then have to restore it?
Don't think so. I'll keep looking.
Now, about that nap
Jim
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Is your 32 a sedan, coupe or roadster? Check out the mirrors at Speedway motors. I bought the stainless clip on for my 28 Chrysler.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Kahuna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It's a 2 door sedan
I want to adapt some type of Day/Night mirror to it, along with the 56http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/33618a3f-14f3-4f2c-b8f9-6b93.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/cce7e557-ae1a-486a-a13f-cf0d.jpg
famdoc3
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)

Last Active: 0 days ago
I bought one from an early 60's ford and used the base from my 57 bird by threading the tube and putting the T'bird base on. Looks stock to all that see it. Never really existed.

Mike, still lovin his 57 t'bird after 53 years!
miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Jim, that's really sweet.

Meanwhile, I found this at Mac's. Bit pricey, and the sales guy doesn't know why it doesn't show the mounting arm. Tech guys only work bus. hours, Eastern time. I'll try calling tomorrow.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_thunderbird/ford-thunderbird-inside-rear-view-mirror-chrome-twist-type-day-night-mirror-1955-57.html

miker
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
junkyardjeff
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I bought one off ebay that I think is aftermarket that is supposed to be for a 55 but the mirror was bad so it never went on the car.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ok, the Mac's tech guy says that mirror comes with the mounting arm, as original, not shown in photo. I ordered one, it'll be a week out. The picture shows a different shape mirror. I'll report back when I get it.

miker
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter