Profile Picture

Spam reporting

Posted By 56_Fairlane 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I keep getting errors when I hit the report button to report spam. I want to keep our forum free of spammers but I can't report them. There are three right now posted in a row when checked the latest posts.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
56_Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

These spam posts are still up three hours later. Can someone delete them an ban the SOB's that posted them?
Replies0
Views4
Topic (New Replies)
Replies0
Views1
Topic (New Replies)

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Not sure what’s the deal is with the failure of the spam reporting issue but I suspect there’s an invalid or no email address attached to the button.  By the time I checked the site this morning, there were seven ‘spam’ entries but all were entered by the same person using seven different user names coming from a single IP address.  For what it’s worth, this particular activity originated in the Ukraine.  It must be a poor state of affairs over there that when you’re not shooting at each other, you have time to spam a Y-Block site.  From that perspective, it could be much worse.

On my end it, it’s easy enough to delete the messages and ban IP addresses so it’s not a biggie.  While much of the spam could be eliminated by screening all new forum members, that would prove to be a cumbersome process and would still not guarantee eliminating all the spammers.  For the time being, just ignore any spam that crops up and the moderators will delete it as it comes up.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

56_Fairlane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for the attention Ted. I was hoping to get the notification out to a moderator before the offender ran a muck on this site.
Thanks again for such a good site.
DJ

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter