Profile Picture

Gauges

Posted By Rowen 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Mornin folks! I'm lookin for suggestions please. I want to mount a set, (oil, temp, volts) of gauges in my glove box on my 55CV. must be 6v for now. When I convert to 12v ill get a new (better?) set. Mid to low price range. Thanks, Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Look into a set of Mooneyes gauges. I got a set reasonable

Durham Missouri
miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
It's no help with the voltmeter, but you might want to look into a set of mechanical oil pressure/water temp. They don't care about voltage, and many consider them more accurate.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
oldcarmark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Never found a Voltmeter that reads less than 8 Volts. No use on a 6 Volt System. Mechanical Temp and Oil Pressure are the way to go with 6 Volts as they don't run off the Electrical System.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
If you want to monitor the electrical charge, you will need an Amp guage for a 6 Volt system. They are readily available used, as 12 V alternator systems are to much for them. Keep in mind though that an Amp guage requires very heavy wiring & they tend to run hot. So, do not install anywhere that heat may lead to trouble...   

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter