Profile Picture

Brake parts.

Posted By 62bigwindow 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Months Ago
Where is a good source for rear brake shoes and hardware for my wagon? I have a leaking wheel cylinder and figured I would replace everything while I was in there. I have found the wheel cylinders locally but that's about it. I looked onto Mac's, Carpenter and Obsolete Ford without much luck. I have yet to find a one stop place for all.

Durham Missouri
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)Supercharged (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Believe it or not NAPA may be able to help out. They have warehouses with a lot of vintage parts in them. One thing is distributors. If you have a good old time parts store they may be able to help. Just have to get the guy that knows the parts. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
PWH42
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Try FORDPARTS.COM.That is Ford Motor Company's warehouse for obsolete parts.They actually have some parts for Fords dating back to the 30s.

Paul,

Boonville,MO

62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
I tried doing a search on both Ford and Napa with no luck. I think maybe Kanter may have an hardware kit. They have one listed for a passenger car so I hope it is the same for a wagon.

Durham Missouri
Daniel Jessup
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
check with rockauto.com also. I get quite a few good pieces from them. I just got wheel cylinders the other day.
There is a placed out in Minnesota called Jackson's Old Time Auto Parts. They are pretty good folks to deal with and have what I need most of the time.

Sometimes the rear wagon stuff is exclusive to wagon and not passenger car, so that makes it difficult. But maybe a  Tbird owner can chime in here. I believe the Tbird had the same rear end assembly as the wagons did?

Daniel Jessup

Lancaster, California

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

PF Arcand
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Another try might be Joblot Automotive in N.Y. state... One of the problems with later brakeshoe pads is, according to an article published in Hemmings Classic car some time back, that when asbestos was phased out of brake material, the replacement materials agreed to by the industry, don't have the same compatibility with older brake drums that original materials did. So, our older brakes are even less effective than they were when new... My 57 Ford's brakes are like stepping on stone & are terrible by today's standards..

Paul
Y block Billy
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I believe the shoes are the same in all rear ends but the cylinder may be different, NAPA does carry them, i think any 2x11" ford shoe would be the same

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Way back in 1967, I pulled a 3 something to 1 Dana rear end out of my 55 bird, and replaced it with a 4:27:1 out of a 6 cyl o/d wagon. IIRC, the brakes changed over, and I did not need to change the backing plates. The spring perches were a different height, and I needed lowering blocks on the bird. When I did the axle bearings some years ago on my current bird, the axles were larger, and the parts guy said the ones that fit were a truck part. So apparently the trucks used the same housing. Bird brake parts fit it fine. It also explained the really sloppy welding on the spring perches, they must have been changed somewhere along the line.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
oldcarmark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Macs has the Shoes. The trade # on these is 191. If you try your local Parts Store and ask for that # they may even stock them as   they fit other Vehicles both front and rear.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Y block Billy
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Front shoes are normally 2.250" X 11, rear are 2 X 11

55 Vicky & customline

58 Rack Dump, 55 F350 yard truck, 57 F100

59 & 61 P 400's, 58 F100 custom cab, 69 F100, 79 F150, 82 F600 ramp truck, 90 mustang conv 7 up, 94 Mustang, Should I continue?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter