Profile Picture

Rebuildable 292

Posted By Rowen 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Afternoon fellas, lookin ta buy a good rebuildable 292 long block in the nor cal/sacramento/Reno area. It's goin in my 55 CV. Want a lil more poop than my 272 has. I would also be open to any suggestions on hoppin up my stock 272 instead. Any help will be appreciated and suggestions will be taken seriously. Thanks, Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
My guess is you don't want to take your car off the road until the engine is done. The 272 can easily be bored past 292 but you have to do a sonic check on the cylinders to see how much you can bore. Beyond that the blocks are the same. If you look at John Mummert site at: http://www.ford-y-block.com/ John even sells some stroker kits for the more serious builder. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
This info is several years old. I used to move cars from WA to So-Cal. West of I-5, and north of Sacramento there was a large old junkyard full of Fords. Just north of Woodburn as I recall. If someone from that area knows who it is/was, and chimes in, might be a lead.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Thanks fer th replies flellas, mike, I just did a google search n couldn't find a "woodburn, ca". Did you mean Woodland, my town? A junk yard full of old fords huh? Ill take a drive up I-5 soon n see what I kin see. Ill letcha know what I find. Yes Chuck, I have looked at Mr Mummerts site. Nice stuff fer sure but you are correct, I don't want to take her off the road till I have an engine to put in her. Once I find one ill contact Mr Mummert n see what I can do. I am also thinking of swapping a c-4 as well. Not planning to do a lot of long distance traveling (key word "planning"), and its an inexpensive and plentiful option. I understand my fordomatic robs sum h.p.that th c-4 will not. Do you guys know anything about that? Thanks, Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
miker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I googled it, and it's Woodland. Looking at the map, it's almost to Yolo. I used to stop there for the night (Woodland) and the truckers in the restaurant told me that when I asked. Like I said, it's old info. I'll send a pm.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Tried ta.pm ya miker but it says yer in box is full and won't accept any till ya clear sum. My e-mail is rowen53.rl@gmail.com if ya wanna keep yer box th way it is. E-mail me plz , I have sum questions. Thanks Rowen

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Campsite
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)Supercharged (91 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Rowan;  If you are still looking for a good 292, there is a wrecking yard in  ORLAND  CA,  called Parts-r-us   Phone is 530-865-5618   You can talk to (LEE)   The yard is owned by Tom  Forester.. They have 12 or 14  complete 292,s  But they are still in the vechicles. And they are complete.  You will have to pull them or you can have LEE,have one of the guys that work there pull it for you, for a price.  The yard is located on the old Highway 99, On  I-5 going south, take the exit 20, three blocks EAST, to stop sign. Right turn, on Hy 99, south two miles on your left is the wrecking yard.  Bob

Bob
Ted
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Don’t discount those 272’s as a performance engine.  Here’s the article of a 272 build that was recently published in the Y-Block Magazine.  I’ll add that using a modern aluminum single four barrel intake and carb will add about 20HP over the three deuce horsepower numbers mentioned in the article.
http://www.eatonbalancing.com/blog/2015/06/05/hopping-up-the-272/ 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter