Profile Picture

Rick Gausco- Pure hell AA/FA - call it quits

Posted By glrbird 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Not a y-block, but one of the most famous of the AA/FA of my youth.

More info here: blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/05/21/rich-guasco-calls-it-quits-with-the-pure-hell-fuel-altered-after-53-years/?refer=news

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I saw Pure Hell run at Good Guys Indy several times.. It was there for exhibition runs and a few match races with the Rat Trap. They needed an extra car to fill the AA/FD bracket so they asked Rich to run with the diggers..  He qualified number 2  LOL

It is my favorite fuel car bar none.. Sad to see the end of an era.
pegleg
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Saw him once, maybe 30 years ago. He covered about a half mile getting to the lights. Still won!!w00t

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter