Profile Picture

Columbus Ohio Labor Day rain checks

Posted By hjh 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Does any one remember how much our Sunday rain check is worth from last years rain out. As we left they said to hold on to our tickets for this year , but I forget the value of them. This year looks like a repeat of last year, only one race plus our Y-Block races. Does any one have any Idea of any multi day races that weekend, maybe in the middle of where we travel from? After all were`r not married to them.
Harry
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I think a lot of the Y's guys are going to Norwalk nest month. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Vic Correnti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Harry, as I understand last years ticket was to be good for this year. But once the stars align I am sure they will change their minds. Is Labor Day weekend the only weekend being considered? Are you going to Norwalk? It sounds a lot like what Columbus was like years ago. There is a lot of nostalgic racing going on these days maybe we could fit with one of those.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

With all respect to Bob Martin for the work he did and is still doing to keep Columbus running smooth I think that event is almost dead. Every year the cars and crowds have dwindled. The flea market literally no longer exists. The Norwalk event looks like something we could add too and be back with our other fast Ford friends. I don't know if I'll make it for June but I'm going to try. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
I think the rain checks are good for one day since one day is all that was lost.

We'll have a better idea about Columbus after this years Ford Expo.  They seem to know that they messed up bad last year and hadn't done a great job since the NMRA left.  According to Bob they are making a much better effort for this year.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Since I missed last year I have no real idea of how bad it really was. Other than us what did they have? An all Ford meet?  We have never been a big draw for them outside of our own numbers. The stands are usually near empty when we are up. They really need some serious act to bring it back. Like the Nostalgia dragster and gasser races that are gaining in popularity. Chuck

Y's guys rule!

charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

It was Ford Expo, so a Ford meet.  Friday, we were about half the attendance.  Saturday, more did show up and we were maybe 10 - 20 %.

A nostalgia themed event would be cool.

Lawrenceville, GA
RB
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just got a note from Bob Martin on Columbus... There are essentially no changes from last yr.. Track does not open till 2 pm Friday  Y Block shootout on Sat only.  Nothing planned to draw crowds.. I am thinking this event is pretty much dead. I am going to be at Norwalk. So far it looks like 14 cars for our group. Not all are Y block but all are Vintage Fords.  If Norwalk is a good show I will seriously have to evaluate whether I go to Columbus. Bob says Norwalk is being very welcoming and has assigned us a nice pit area.  It would be nice to get 16 Y blocks for a full bracket for the shooutout.. Chuck,  When does that blown Vicky debut?   I think it is time!!!   RB
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I got this from Bob about a week ago

Columbus, Sept 3-6, Thurs-Sun:
  I asked, and found out that the Tower gatewill be open to us on “Early Thursday”, like last year, 9:00-5:00 PM,and we can get in and drop our cars. Like last year also, we can’t stay inside the grounds Thursday eveningafter they shut the gate.  I’ll hangaround late for phone calls for anyone trying to make it before 5:00 PM.

Time Trial Friday: While the schedule shows the pit gate opening at 2:00 PM, the managementsaid it will open earlier, either noon or 9:00 AM.  I told them that 9:00 AM would solve that issue.  I’ll keep everyone posted.  I have a map – the same as last year – samepit space. 

Remember your Sunday Rain Checks from last year!!!

----------------------

Only downside is that it's the same schedule as last year with the "Extra $50" race on Saturday.  Only change is that it's called a "Gamblers Race" this year - which it is big-time.

Lawrenceville, GA
Attachments
2015_EXPO_Race_Final.pdf (567 views, 875.00 KB)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter