Profile Picture

Story to tell

Posted By Cliff 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
I am working on a 292 for my dragster, all of the machine shops are backed up, I need to have my block bored (.060 over), magged, decked and mains align bored, while waiting my turn I looked on EBay and found a block (C2AE), fresh .060 bore, magged, hot tanked new freeze plugs, local to me I bought it for $52.99, I picked it up today and its nice, a customer had the work done and never picked up (5 years ago), I just have to go over the work and make sure it's as good as it looks http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MERCURY-292-060-OVER-BORE-ENGINE-BLOCK-/171743851669?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=JnIuHT6UUkVcvaxAO2SOnHkHnjE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

How About That

Cliff
steinauge
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)Supercharged (366 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Good score! watch your ass the rest of the year,you have used up all your luck allotment! Wink
charliemccraney
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Since it's a dragster, I imagine you plan to make some pretty serious power.  C2 blocks don't overbore as well as earlier blocks.  Have the cylinder walls sonic checked to make sure they will hold up for your use.

Lawrenceville, GA
NoShortcuts
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)Supercharged (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hmmmm...  I got involved in the same eBay offering, Cliff.  The seller's listing was somewhat incorrect.  Yes, the crank and bearing were 292.  No, the pistons and rings advertised were NOT for a 292 .060. over, the pistons and rings were for a .060 overbore 312.

Sooo... I suspect that when you measure the C2AE cylinder bores, they'll measure ~ 3.860, not 3.810.  As Charlie has indicated, with the .110 overbore, be sure to invest in having the block sonic tested.

I bought the seller's Sealed Power pistons and Perfect Circle rings.  The block was certainly a good buy and will likely be okay, but the shipping from CA to me in NY would have been... expensive.  Hehe

NoShortcuts
a.k.a. Charlie Brown
near Syracuse, New York
Cliff
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Bore is 3.810, it first gets a cleanup, then sonic check, I hoped to have the car ready for Barona, however waiting for parts and machine work is a drag (almost a year), I am still waiting for the crank to be done (C1TE, 3.600) the only parts that came fast were the tool steel lifters, and I am waiting for me to make the Intake (glasmat).

ECZ-G small letter heads by Mr. Mummert (best port work I have ever seen on a Y Block head)
Ross pistons, dome by Mr. Mummert
Carrillo rods (6.390 X 1.850)
Trend tool steel lifters (nice)
Trend push rods
Comp Cams 280@50
Isky springs, keepers and retainers 
Roll Master timing set (nice)
Barker rocker arms (?) they look good

Reading This Topic

Site Meter